Monday, December 6, 2004

Yeesh...

I am honestly nearing my untilted wit's end. I haven't done it yet, but I am going to go absolutely ballistic if things keep up the way they have been. Set over set, and in particular runner-runner. Two outers. All that jazz, as they say in the movie Chicago.

The instant I sit down, I get drilled in the noggin with a 2x4, it seems. I get a nice hand, and whiff. Or worse, draw to a hand (I hold AJ, board is 3337 one bet flop and turn, river my J, only to lose to slowplayed AA, by a guy with VP$IP of 48).

It is infuriating. But so far, I haven't lost my cool.

---

Just after posting the message above, this happened:

$2/$4 Hold'em - Monday, December 06, 19:26:38 EDT 2004
Table Deal Quick (Real Money)
Dealt to NegativeEV_ [ Ad Qc ]

Pre-Flop
UTG raises, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop [ 4h, 6c, 3c ]
SB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, Button raises, SB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn [ Ac ]
UTG checks, Hero bets, Button calls, UTG folds.

River [ 7h ]
Hero checks, Button checks.

NegativeEV_ shows [ Ad, Qc ] a pair of aces.
Rmarotti shows [ 5c, 5d ] a straight, three to seven.
Rmarotti wins $44 from the main pot with a straight, three to seven.

That's 8 outs... heads up. I'm an 81% favorite (see below). I mean, yes, shit happens, and yes, I'm going to lose that about one time in 5, but I guess what I'm saying is it really hurts when all of those longshots come in one after another, well above and beyond the usual slings and arrows of low limit no fold'em. Folks, hear me out. I know low limit well enough (more than 20K hands in my PT). I know how to handle the losses. But this is on a whole different level. Its maddening

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=648163
pokenum -h ad qc - 5c 5d -- 4h 6c 3c ac
Holdem Hi: 44 enumerated boards containing Ac 6c 3c 4h
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Qc Ad 36 81.82 8 18.18 0 0.00 0.818
5c 5d 8 18.18 36 81.82 0 0.00 0.182

No comments:

Post a Comment